Saturday, May 02, 2009

My first "book"

I am not a romantic, but also I am. I am sometimes good at thinking up last-second unique gift ideas for people. Sometimes. And I suppose by "thinking up" I mean "getting hit with," because any real thought on the matter will usually result in the sort of crippling failure that leads me to beg my girlfriend not to give me anything for Christmas, lest I feel guilty for my lack of comparable effort.

Well, this Valentine's Day was one of those finer moments for me. I had most of the vignettes I've written so far bound into a book, dedicated it to Natasha, and gave her a copy. Until now, only two copies (one for me and one for her) existed, but after reviewing it a few times I decided it's not a total embarrassment, so I've made it available to the public through Lulu.com. You can see the listing, along with a couple of the poems, here.

I can't really push anyone to buy it, which is why I will never be a good salesperson, but if you click the link and say "that's kind of cool, Nick," I will be very grateful. Of course if you choose to buy it, I'll be more grateful, but almost all the poems are available for free on this blog if you look for them.

1 comment:

CaptainNasha said...

Oh Nic, you don't give yourself enough credit. Though you may not be a blatant romantic, you're definitely a latent one. And one more thing: this book is nothing close to an embarrassment, but a shining beacon of your creative genius. :) Can't wait for the next publication!