Monday, January 25, 2010

Do you have a van parked on the street?

Some auto owners might feel a sense of impending doom when the person knocking on the door uttered those words. I, however, could not imagine any following sentence that would particularly upset me. "Someone hit it. With a bulldozer. Head on. At sixty miles per hour." Okay, cool. Actually, does insurance cover that?

"I think someone broke into it."

My reaction was more interested than concerned. Apparently the door had been open when my neighbor left for work this morning, and was still open when she returned, causing her some concern. I went to check to see if anything was damaged--nothing there is actually worth taking except the gas in the tank--but found everything intact. In fact, if I had to guess...

...I'd say I probably just managed not to shut it last night. Improbable as that is, it seems more likely than someone breaking into my car without damaging or disturbing anything, including the radio, and then leaving the door standing open.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only you.