Friday, January 25, 2008

Time to read a book

After further evaluation, and an attempt to use SB's power cord, it appears the laptop itself has lost all ability to charge.  In fact, plugging in a functioning power cord generates a sound reminiscent of a taser and a smell of burning electronics.  My current tactic is to let SB charge a battery and then trade with her, which can give me one or two hours.  I have backed up all critical information onto my external hard drive and am now considering three options:
1) Lug around a broken laptop, hoping I can get it repaired at a decent price in the States
2) Try to get it fixed here, probably at a higher price.
3) Find out the extent of the damage and then offer to sell it to the shop while it's still a decent computer.
Anyway, you'll probably be hearing less from me.

2 comments:

Kacie said...

BOOOOOOO! of course this decides to happen right after our internet is fairly high functioning. i don't approve.

Boot said...

If the power jack is loose it may just need a new jack soldered on. If not you need some more serious repairs.