Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Random thoughts and updates I haven't quite thought of yet

This comment probably doesn't really apply to those of you who read this, except to be something you can identify with, but I just want to point out that most people probably didn't realize that Czechoslovakia isn't a country anymore (and hasn't been since 1992) until John McCain mentioned it and the press slammed him for it. Similarly, I doubt most people knew that Iraq didn't border Pakistan. But when they spell it out on CNN, everyone gets to play geographer and talk about how dumb and out of touch McCain is, using these fresh tidbits of information.

I - we - knew these things already. We appreciated McCain's mistakes before the newscaster went on to tell us why they were mistakes.

I had to zip back through my other blog today and take out a comment that isn't public information. Whoops.

Also, today I went to various elementary schools with Amanda to check in on kids involved in the truancy court, and one of them had me sign in on their "Special Services Staff" sheet. I felt special. I also nearly died about thirteen times.

Two and a half more weeks of work.

I'm making salsa tonight. I just remembered. Also, I think I'm seeing Garrison Keillor at the state fair tonight.

No comments: