Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Why you should never do research

I'm writing a paper that I'm kind of psyched about. Well, I'm psyched about the idea for the paper, and I'm psyched about finishing the paper. This whole in-between segment where I write the paper... well, as you can see, I decided blogging was more important.

I think my critical error here was deciding to write a good paper and thus heading over to EBSCOhost for some hardcore research. I immediately found a paper that expresses my ideas perfectly, and with far more impressive word usage than I could ever hope to achieve. At least, I think the paper expresses my ideas, because it's using some really heavy academic language that makes me quite certain that my Manchester education has in no way equipped me for more than two days of graduate school. If I have to read stuff like this on a regular basis, I'm finished.

In case you're still reading in hopes that I'm going to write something that will somehow apply to you*, I have a very important recommendation: Make a Pandora station based on Joni Mitchell. The resultant fusion of musical perfection will blow your mind.

I highly suspect that this energy drink (Amp Elevate, for "focus") I've been working on is not helping my paper get done. Nothing like externalizing blame for my own total lack of academic responsibility.

1 comment:

NA said...

Good Luck on your paper sir!
post more...dammit.