Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Clinton wins Republicans

I'm writing two back-to-back posts today, so make sure you catch the other one.

As those of you who care about politics enough to read what I think probably know, Clinton won Indiana 51-49: far from the strong victory she really needed. But something caught my attention early on, and that was a brief conversation about "The Limbaugh Effect." This is the splash created by Rush Limbaugh's call for Republicans to vote for Clinton in order to sow chaos in the Democratic party (no guarantees that link works). CNN reported that in Indiana, voters identifying themselves as Republican went to Clinton 54-46.

This was just too good to let go, so I spent a small chunk of my afternoon - a chunk that should have been spent polishing my résumé - checking statistics and crunching numbers to disregard Republican votes for both Clinton and Obama. The final tally? Clinton 50.37%, Obama 49.63%. That rounds to 50-50. I am delighted to report that Clinton's margin would have been even more embarrassingly slim if it hadn't been for the Republicans.

Also, a word to the wise: do not leave yourself logged in to Blogger if I will be using the computer. This might happen. (Check it out now before he notices!)

1 comment:

Kacie said...

i want a post about you and not politics.