Saturday, November 13, 2010

More like that one

  1. I have been steadily moving money from my bank account into a safe.
  2. This is not because I believe the apocalypse is nigh, but because I am obsessed with the idea of going on the run.
  3. Why do people think having cash on hand will help them when the apocalypse comes?  You think that green paper is going to be worth something?  You'll be trading bullets for food.
  4. Read that last sentence twice.  It works both ways.
  5. The above actually represents how we have totally changed the meaning of the word "apocalypse."
  6. It's really just Greek for "revelation."
  7. I know that because I am a geek.
  8. I also know that "e" is short for "euler's number" and how to find the derivative of a function.
  9. I bet you can't pronounce "euler."
  10. If you can pronounce it because of last night's episode of House, well, then I bet you couldn't spell it.  Before now.
  11. There is a cute girl at Subway who always gives me a 20% discount on my sandwiches because I'm her favorite.  She said so.
  12. I know her passion is for cosmetology and that she also wants to get into medical technology, but I don't know her name.
  13. I unintentionally judge her because she works at Subway, even though my last job was at a liquor store.
  14. I hope she doesn't read my blog either.
  15. I pre-wrote this blog entry so when it gets published and I read it it will be like a four-day-old time capsule.
  16. What if I'm dead four days from now?
  17. What if you're dead four days from now?
  18. Kind of a freaky thought, isn't it.
  19. <-- that was a good age to be.  Remember it?  I do, with fondness.
  20. Sometimes in my head I rhyme "Joel" with "Noel."  Too much Smallville?
  21. If you got that you are a geek, too.

1 comment:

Christen said...

Euler...pronounced "oiler."

I didn't take Survey of Mathematical Thought for nothing...

And there was something else I wanted to comment on...but got all excited that I could use my mathematical thought mad skillz...