Friday, November 26, 2010

Things I hate

I put so much negative energy into this post that my computer actually shut itself off.  See if you can guess when.

  1. Napoleon Dynamite.  I refuse to ever see it under any circumstances.
  2. That stupid meme involving horses and a mountain of some kind?  I don't know.  I hate that too.  It gets a "Napoleon Dynamite" ranking on my list.
  3. Not having questions answered.
  4. Being interrupted.
  5. Realizing I'm interrupting someone.
  6. The way my watch band smells like that suede jacket I bought from a consignment shop.
  7. The fact that I lost the suede jacket I bought from a consignment shop.
  8. Lies.
  9. E-mail auto-responders. Maybe I don't care that you're out of the office.  Maybe I'm just required to include you on that list.  (I truly feel for people who have to e-mail *everyone*.)
  10. My shitty laptop netbook.
  11. That one guy.
  12. Losing.
  13. Winning.  It's awkward.
  14. Passive aggressiveness (before I knew there was already a phrase for this I called it "sideways communication").
  15. The fact that I will have to wait six months to finish watching HP7.
  16. Verizon taunting me with its holiday ads when they know full well I can't upgrade until January 21.
  17. Notre Dame football.
  18. The Brew House.  Always and forever, The Brew House.
  19. Changing seats.  They're assigned.
  20. You'll never guess what used to occupy this spot.
  21. RIAA.  Kickin' 'em while they're down, I guess.
  22. MPAA?  Mostly I just hate that PSA.
  23. Knowing how many more things there are that I hate that I just can't think of right now.

2 comments:

bekah said...

I'm sorry I had an email auto responder on over break... :-/ I feel like I need it for my job, especially when I am in an area with no internet or cell service :(

Nico said...

Thought 1: While I was reminded of my beef by your auto-responder, the beef itself is with auto-responders that respond to e-mails I wasn't actually directing at the recipient. Like patrol logs.

Thought 2: What does the need for auto-responders say about our need for immediate gratification?