Monday, June 16, 2008

Nico gives advice. Hilarity ensues.

Boot, at least, will catch the reference in that title. Lemisia might.

Several weeks ago I went out for coffee with a friend, who was at the time dating not one but two Mexican girls (one of whom knew about it). Buddy, it's people like you taking more than your share that leave some of us short. Anyway, he explained to me the following situation: Girl1, who was not aware of Girl2, saw him and Girl2 dancing at a club and became upset. The next day, which was when we were having coffee, Girl1's friends were engaged in a "find out what's going on" storm of text messages. My friend had to shore up his position. "I know I could smooth this over," he told me, "but I definitely won't get away with anything like that happening again. And Girl1 is kind of dramatic, so this is kind of fun to watch. Advice?"

I thought for a moment.

"Well," I told him, "I used to work for a guy who once cracked open a TV, filled it with gunpowder, and ignited it. Moral of the story: sometimes it's worth losing a TV to watch it explode."

My friend considers this some of the best advice he ever got.

2 comments:

Sebastian T Brown said...

dude, keep this on the low. girl3 (sarah) knows nothing about all this. shhhh

Boot said...

Well played sir, well played.

No absinthe doughnut, but still a good short one. Now for "Nico Max: The Movie."