Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Search engine hits

I installed Google Analytics a week or two ago to track my site traffic, since I'm trying to break into some kind of readership for my other blogs (Idberry and the Online Earnings Challenge). Since it's free, I went ahead and installed it on this blog too. Funnily enough, I get more traffic for my personal ramblings than I do for my professional writing.

Well, when I went to check my stats today, I found a cool little surprise waiting for me: two site visits had been referred by a search engine, both of which were supposedly new visitors. One appears to have been a crawler that was backtracking links to thepolitic.com, but the other googled "pulqueria xalapa" (I'm the fourth page and the third site for that search term), read three pages deep and spent almost 20 minutes on my website.

I could assume this is someone interested in Xalapa who found my site fascinating, but I think I know who it is. I told her about the pulquería in Xalapa but never took her. In looking for it, she found my blog.

If you come back, I'm sorry I never mentioned you.

No comments: