Thursday, March 06, 2008

Happy birthday Sara Beth!

Today is the birthday of one of the world's most amazing people. I would put some embarrassing picture of her here, but (luckily for her) my computer is still very much broken. Also, I don't think she reads this, which makes this a wasted post. But I did promise not to talk about... you know.

Today brought some interesting thoughts. For example, my sociology professor (I can't figure out why this is a sociology class) talked to us about the imminent mass near-extinction of human kind. Apparently people who get to be referred to ask experts are assuring us that only 300 million people will remain on the planet after the upcoming epidemics or pandemics or whatever word applies here. I really must go skydiving before I get wiped out by the avian flu.

In other news, the School for Foreign Students has decided YouTube is worth banning from our network (probably because students suck up a lot of bandwidth using it). I'm sure Goshen High School banned YouTube before it was even invented, but I'm still a little irked because I'm now unable to watch what I'm told is a very funny video featuring Hugh Laurie and Zach Braff, two of my favorite people who aren't doctors, but play them on TV.

As you may recall, I previously made a post called "Wish I Could Say #01," implying there would be more. There will be... in fact, there will be one immediately following this post, and I'm sure by the time you get to this one you will have already read it (now that's just bad grammar). While thinking over some of the other things I wish I could say, I realize that several of them are directed at people who (or groups whose members) read this blog.

I am now beyond my time of departure to head home, shower and eat, so I think I will leave you here.

Nico out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, her mom and dad also think Sara Beth is an amazing person. Tell her hi! We remember a wonderful evening meal with you, Rob and Sara Beth overlooking the Cathedral in Cuarnevaca, during our visit in January. From another Obama fan!