Thursday, March 13, 2008

A history of video games

It is a little-known fact that the antiquated video game "Frogger" was originally called "Crossing the Street in Mexico," inspired by real life events. It was re-worked to the kid-friendly arcade game involving a cute little frog after the Entertainment Software Rating Board gave the game an "M" rating for scarringly realistic gore.

The original version did not give the player multiple lives.

In other news, I am leaving in a few hours for Sayulita, Nayarit to spend a few wonderous days with Casey Lambert and... drumroll please.... the luminescent Nick Simons! Then I'm heading over to Cuernavaca to chillax with my (other) rockin' host family, and finally going to Chiapas to spend a week in the jungle. Upon my return I will spend some quality time at an internet café and provide you with the pictures you have long been missing due to my laptop's unfortunate demise.

By the way, for those of you who weren't following, Canada tied Mexico in soccer 1-1 last night, marking the greatest feat in Canadian soccer history. A couple months ago the United States also tied Mexico, which some Canadians would like to argue means they're as good as us. Some even dare say they're better because they were missing their seven best players (how many players does a soccer team even have, Mark?). I would just like to say that I have it from a very reliable source (he's Norwegian) that the U.S. men's soccer team is ranked number 1 in the world. Canada is like number 85.*

Also, Obama won Mississippi and Governor Spitzer likes hookers.

*I looked this up on FIFA. The U.S. is currently ranked #28 and Canada is #62. USA has not been ranked in the single digits since May 2006 (#5) and has not been #1 any time in the last four years. Canada, I wish to note, has usually been in the steady 80's or 90's, and bottomed out at #103 in March 2007. I prefer the Norwegian's version of the story. And see? I can follow sports.

1 comment:

Boot said...

The US is doing much better though, and Canada is still awful.

On a side note, hi! And say hi to Casey and JoJo for me.